Tuesday 1 September 2009

A Deadline Day Carol Pt III

*We re-join MON and Ron on the magical sheepskin coat.*

Atkinson: So, Martin. This is where you get off.

MON: Thank you, thank you Big Ron.

Atkinson: Remember you have one ghost remaining.

*MON starts off across a misty field on his way home*

MON: Things are going to be different now, I definitely ....

*a cloaked, shadowy figure appears*

MON: Who, or what are you?

*The figure just points in a direction it wants MON to follow*

MON: Foul creature, identify yourself .... Be you ... Jimmy McHagen?

*The figure removes it's hood, MON lets out a high pitched scream*

MON: Hideous fiend despite my girl like screams you scare me not!

Southgate: Martin it's me, Gareth Southgate.

MON: I see this you vile beast. Now show me what you will!

*Southgate sighs and pulls his hood back up*

MON: Better!

*Southgate points again and MON follows his lead*

MON: What is this?

*MON appears in an office with a disgruntled looking man, yelling at co-workers and hammering on his keyboard.*

Man: Stupid, stupid stupid!

MON: Oh he's on BBC's 606 Message Board, I've heard of this.

Man: We're going to lose, rubbish tactics, rubbish players why can't we be like ...

MON: My goodness ... He's so pessimistic....

*Southgate taps the man's username on his screen*

MON: "IH8JAMESCOLLINS"?..... The lad?

*Southgate nods*

MON: He's become worse than Villagib, Bally and the Reverand combined!

*Southgate nods*

MON(tears in his eyes): Oh wise Southgate, take me back, take me home.

*Southgate nods once more*

*MON wakes up in his bed*

MON: Hmm, perhaps it was all a dream, nevertheless I shall certainly today make the signings befitting of this fine club!

*with a skip in his step he gets ready and leaves for work, bumping into the lad*

MON: Good news lad, today your dreams will be realised! Defour, Van der Vaart, Veloso I shall buy them all! Merry Deadline Day!

*The lad wipes a tear from his gleeful face*

Lad: Merry Deadline Day Mr. O'Neill.

*MON dances around the Bull Ring*

MON: Merry Deadline Day sir! Merry Deadline Day madame! Merry Deadline Day one and all.

*MON arrives in his office and makes a call to Standard Liege*

MON: Merry Deadline Day my belgian chum, I'd like to buy your Defour if you please.

SL Reception: Monsieur, I do believe ze window is closed.

MON: Nonsense my good fellow, tis not midnight but only 20 minutes past the seventh hour!

SL Reception: Qui Monsieur, ze window it closed at 5.

MON: Balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment